Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011

Goulash-Heaven

This post goes to you, Kornél, for real Hungarian Goulash!

When I was an Assistant Teacher in Glasgow I met Kornél, an  Erasmus student from Hungary. We often spent time together cooking vegetarian food or going to the local pub.
Some weeks ago I was craving a rich and savoury meal when I remembered him talking about his all vegan Goulash. So, I sent him an Email asking for the recipe. He emphasised two spices that I would need and even sent me a wee parcel containing Hungarian paprika and caraway. Thank you so much, ta!

Now, I was ready for the Goulash-Experiment. And OMG this was so good! For all those of you who are wondering: Goulash

His recipe called for white carrots. Since I wasn't able to find any I used parsnips which tasted absolutely yummy.

Here are the ingredients for my Goulash:













I roasted the potatoes, onions and carrots with the caraway and added the parsnips a little time later. Then, I added the seitan, beans and also the paprika powder and some water. Shortly before it was done I added some tomato purée and salt and pepper.


This is comfort food at its best!


Have you noticed the wee bee that's printed in my bowl? Pretty darn cute.


This bowl should be medically prescribed for melancholy and depression :P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen